Back to all job descriptions
We are looking for a responsible cashier who possesses excellent customer service skills. The responsibilities also include receiving payments, issuing receipts, keeping track of all cash and credit transactions. The cashier has to count the contents of the cash register drawer at the end of each shift. Maintaining receipts, records, and withdrawals as well.
- Welcome customers, helping them locate their items and providing recommendations.
- Resolve customer issues and answer their queries.
- Referring to price sheets and special sale bulletins and mentioning it.
- Offering carry out service to the customers at the completion of transactions.
- Keeping the workplace clean.
- Check for ID on certain items which has age limit such as alcohol and cigarettes.
- Presenting yourself as the primary point-of-contact for customer service associates.
- Give back correct change, receipts, and refunds.
Cashier requirements and skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 0-1 years of retail experience desired.
- Basic PC knowledge.
- Always maintain a professional appearance.
- Ability to efficiently run all cashier stations.
- Should have high level of responsibility, leadership skills and organization.
- Helpful, courteous approach to resolving complaints.
It’s easy to get started
You can immediately start a zero-commitment free trial or book an online demo with us