We are looking for an elaborate, reliable Billing Clerk to correspond with customers regarding payments, issue invoices, and process credit memos. You will be accountable for maintaining track of money owed to us by clients, preparing statements, and renewing records.
Billing Clerk Responsibilities:
- Enter all relevant data into accounting software.
- Creating and issuing invoices to customers.
- Keep track on issue customer account statements periodically or whenever necessary.
- Produce monthly or periodic reports of all billings.
- Describe charges to patients so they understand the fees for which you will be answerable.
- Answer customer inquiries.
- Assisting the accounting department with the construction of financial reports.
Billing Clerk Requirements and Skills:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent field.
- 5+ years experience in a billing field or same.
- Understanding of local, state and federal regulations.
- Excellent math ability.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Hands-on experience with accounting computer programs and software.
- Ability to work productively in any environment.