We are looking to appoint a dedicated Grant Writer to write grant recommendations for our organization. The Grant Writer will write logical, systematic, and compelling proposals. You will utilize your knowledge of fundraising strategies and plans to reach income goals. You will help the team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
Grant Writer Responsibilities:
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Conducting prospect investigation; compiling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Maintain current records in the database and in document files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Enters and monitors tracking data.
- Maintain a grants calendar to monitor progress.
- Write compelling, effective, and well-written grant proposals.
- Work with department supervisors to compile financials and data.
- Displaying adherence to the organization’s mission.
Grant Writer Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or related field.
- Ability to generate and maintain budgets and plan financial reports.
- Effective written communication and editing skills.
- Understanding of fundraising information sources. Familiarity with non-profit fundraising a plus.
- Work with a high and positive response, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.