Before we begin explaining in detail our new feature update, let’s begin by sharing how we, in fact, got this in our development pipeline. While we run NPS surveys every month, we also have a live chat support system where Recruit CRM users request features and we keep directing them to Canny.
“Once we get feature requests on Canny, we analyse based on the number of votes received. Anything above 30 votes, we add it to our development pipeline” says our Customer Success Specialist.
Similarly, one of the most sought-after features that we have had for a long time was the CV-formatting feature.
Apart from adding a personalised header, footer, and watermark for each resume sent to clients in just a few clicks, you can use the CV formatting tool to also remove any candidate information that may be a tip-off.
How To Format CVs Using Recruit CRM?
- To format a CV go into the Candidate profile and click on the three dots on the top right corner of the candidate profile and select the “Generate Formatted Resume” option (as shown in the image below).
- Go into the candidate profile and click and open the existing “Resume” file and click on the Green button at the bottom that says, “Generate Formatted Resume”.
- Now under “templates”, you will see an option to add header, footer, cover letter and watermarks. You can either choose to add an existing template by selecting it from the list or you can create a new one.
- The next option you see in the Menu is the “Text Redaction” feature. Using this option you can remove any sensitive information, such as name, email contact number, address, etc that you do not wish to share with the clients, from the CV.
- You can also run a simple keyword search to select and remove unwanted information from the CV. To do this, enter the keywords in the box below “Text Redaction”.
- Once you’ve done this, the system will make a selection based on it, as seen in the image below.
- Click on the “Apply Redaction” button to remove the selected text from the CV.
- Another way of selecting a text to be removed, just draw a box around the text that you wish to hide.
- Once you’ve made the selection, click on the “Apply Redaction” button to remove the selected text from the CV.
- After you’ve made all the changes, hit the green “Save” button. In the following pop-up menu, you have an option to rename the file if you wish to do so.
- The Formatted CV will be automatically saved within the Candidate’s File section once you hit “Save” provided if you have not created a custom field for this.
- If you have a File type custom field created, the system will give you an option to save it within a custom field.
- To do this, under “Select Custom Field To Save File” choose the field where you want the Formatted CV to be saved and hit “Save”.
Please Note: Only the file type custom fields you’ve created under Candidate fields will be shown in the drop-down under “Select Custom Field to Save File”. If you haven’t created one already you can just create one using the “Create New Custom Field” option or you can do it from Candidate Fields.
We hope you enjoy using our new CV formatting feature and for any help feel free to comment below or reach out to our customer support team!