In an ever-evolving recruitment landscape, staying ahead of the game is paramount. But how can we learn to navigate this rapidly changing terrain?
By turning to the experts, of course.
And recently, we had the pleasure of talking with Gina Morrison, Director of Recruiting at MCS, and here’s a fruitful scoop from the interview
1. How to handle candidate ghosting?
Every recruiter’s nightmare is being ghosted by a promising candidate.
Gina, on the other hand, offers a unique perspective.
Instead of dwelling on the frustration, she advises recruiters to introspect on some key factors.
- Did the candidate find the process too lengthy or confusing?
- Was there a lack of responsive communication?
Identifying and addressing these potential issues can significantly reduce the likelihood of candidate ghosting.
2. How to spot candidate red flags?
While Gina believes in trying your shot with every candidate that comes along, there are a few red flags in candidates that need you to do nothing but run!
Here are a few major candidate turn-offs for Gina that you must beware of.
- Not taking the time to research the company and the role.
- A negative attitude towards past companies, arrogance, or lack of professional ethics.
- Missing out on pre-scheduled interviews without any prior intimation.
She advises, “Stay away from candidates who exhibit these not-so-pleasant traits during the hiring process.”
Insightful, right? It’s only the tip of the iceberg.
This episode of The Recruitment Scoop is a goldmine of invaluable tips covering topics like managing recruitment amidst global events, mastering cold outreach, common recruiting mistakes, best practices, and so much more.
Watch it right here.
Remember, the journey to mastering recruitment is a marathon, not a sprint. So stay adaptable, stay open, and stay eager to learn.
P.S. If you’re looking for an AI-powered ATS + CRM solution, then check out Recruit CRM. Book a demo now to see it in action!