We’ve gathered 13 incredible applicant tracking system statistics that will transform your perspective on recruitment.
So let’s dive into these remarkable stats and discover the undeniable benefits of incorporating an ATS into your recruitment toolbox.
13 amazing applicant tracking system stats that’ll TOTALLY blow your mind
1. Nearly 99% of Fortune 500 companies use ATS (Source: Yahoo Finance)
Yes, you read that right.
Almost all of the big players in the business world have embraced the power of ATS to streamline their recruitment process.
With the increasing adoption rate, it’s evident that companies, regardless of their size, see the value of implementing such systems.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are slowly joining the bandwagon as well.
If you are someone who wants to stay competitive in today’s fast-paced business environment, then investing in an ATS can potentially improve your recruitment processes and achieve better results in hiring top talent.
2. 75% of recruiters around the world use an applicant tracking system (Source: Capterra)
Did you know that three-quarters of recruiters worldwide use an applicant tracking system?
That’s right – ATS adoption is on the rise, and it’s no surprise why.
By automating the handling of resumes and applications, an ATS can help recruiters save time and effort when it comes to finding the best candidates for their organizations.
3. The ATS market is expected to reach $3.4 billion by 2026 (Source: Markets and Markets)
With the growing demand for ATS technology, recruiters now have access to an expanding selection of ATS systems to choose from, offering a range of features and benefits to meet their specific needs.
No wonder why, right? More power to making informed hiring decisions, reducing time-to-hire, and ultimately saving valuable time and money on recruitment costs!
4. Optimizing the job recruitment process using an ATS can shorten the hiring cycle by 60% (Source: LinkedIn)
A lengthy hiring cycle can be frustrating for both employers and candidates.
Once you streamline hiring processes, it’ll significantly help you to move candidates through the recruiting cycle more quickly and efficiently, reducing the time it takes to fill open positions.
5. 94% of recruiters say that using an ATS has improved their hiring process (Source: Capterra)
An ATS can assist recruiters in automating tasks such as resume screening and candidate communication, allowing them to focus on the most suitable applicants for a given role.
Helping to improve communication and collaboration between recruiters and hiring managers, an applicant tracking system ensures that everyone involved in the hiring process is on the same page and working towards a common goal.
6. More than 86% of recruiters say that using an ATS has reduced their time-to-hire (Source: GetApp)
Time-to-hire is the amount of time that you need to fill a job position from the moment you advertise it.
While most recruiters say that the average time they require to fill a job position is at least three to four weeks, they all agree that an ATS helped them find the right candidate quickly and efficiently, reducing their time-to-hire.
Think about the large volumes of data that an ATS can simply just sift through, and this means that you can fill open vacancies quickly, reduce recruitment costs by minimizing human resources, and ultimately improve your hiring experience.
7. 62% of talent teams sourcing through an ATS find more high-quality candidates than inbound applications (Source: LinkedIn)
An ATS can help you in sourcing by creating a wonderful talent pool not just from social media, but also from online job boards and referrals from employees.
It can also help recruiters identify candidates who may not have applied for the job but who have the skills and experience necessary to excel in the role.
You simply do not need to put in extra work when you can just do it more effectively by using automation to sift through large amounts of data and uncover high-quality candidates that might otherwise be missed.
8. Around 79% of recruiters found that there has been an increase in the quality of the hires once they started using an ATS (Source: GetApp)
An ATS software typically offers a range of features that can help recruiters to identify the best candidates for a given job quickly and efficiently.
With enhanced filtering and screening of candidates, an ATS can lead to more informed hiring decisions and ultimately result in higher-quality hires for your organization even during a hiring freeze.
This, in turn, can increase productivity, raise the employee retention rates, and reduce costs associated with hiring.
9. Revenue positions of companies using advanced analytics with their ATS are up to 56% higher than less advanced organizations (Source: MindK)
Investing in an ATS with advanced analytics can have a significant impact on your organization’s revenue.
By analyzing data on factors such as candidate sourcing, time-to-hire, and employee retention, companies can identify areas for improvement and optimize their hiring strategies to achieve better outcomes.
10. 70% of respondents agree sourcing automation would increase productivity (Source: LinkedIn)
We all agree, sourcing can be a time-consuming process and is no mean feat.
However, where does that put your productive streak?
This is where you can take the help of an ATS to increase your productivity by simply automating tasks.
11. 20% of organizations plan to start using an ATS with AI integration in the next five years (Source: SHRM)
One key advantage of AI integration in ATS is the ability to leverage machine learning algorithms to identify the best candidates for a given job based on a wide range of factors, such as skills, experience, and cultural fit.
AI can also help to automate tasks such as resume parsing, recruitment tracking, interview scheduling, and candidate communication, freeing up recruiters to focus on more strategic aspects of the hiring process.
12. 68% of recruiting professionals say that investing in NEWER recruiting technology is the best way to improve recruiting performance (Source: LinkedIn)
Investing in recruitment technology surely takes away most of the manual admin work. But are you guilty of settling in and thinking of never upgrading your cloud-based ATS software ever again?
If this is the case, then you are missing out on getting the best out of your ATS!
Latest recruitment technology can always help recruiters identify top talent more efficiently and even help in employee retention.
So keep an eye out for new releases in the market to gain a competitive edge!
13. 79% of organizations utilize automation and AI tools integrated with their ATS (Source: SHRM)
By doing so, you can actually devote your valuable time and energy strategically in order to focus on core hiring functions.
So there you have it, folks! 13 mind-blowing statistics on applicant tracking systems prove just how powerful these tools can be in revolutionizing your recruitment process.
If you haven’t already hopped on the ATS train, it’s high time you consider doing so.
Frequently asked questions
1. What does the future hold for applicant tracking systems, and how can companies stay ahead of the curve in recruitment technology?
The future of applicant tracking systems involve increased AI integration, more advanced analytics capabilities, and the development of new features to improve the candidate experience.
To stay ahead of the curve, companies should keep abreast of emerging trends and technologies in the recruitment space and continually evaluate their ATS to ensure it meets their evolving needs.
2. What are some common misconceptions about applicant tracking systems, and how can they be debunked?
Common misconceptions about ATS include that they only cater to large organizations, they’re too expensive for small businesses, and they eliminate the need for human interaction in the recruitment process.
In reality, ATS solutions are available for businesses of all sizes, can be cost-effective, and still require human input to make the final hiring decisions.
3. How can ATS help improve diversity and inclusivity in the hiring process?
ATS can improve diversity and inclusivity in the hiring process by eliminating unconscious biases through blind recruitment, using AI to screen candidates based on skills and qualifications, and tracking diversity metrics to identify areas for improvement.
4. What are the key features to look for when choosing an applicant tracking system for your organization?
Key features to look for when choosing an ATS include ease of use, customization options, integration capabilities, reporting and analytics tools, scalability, and strong customer support.
5. How does GDPR compliance factor into using applicant tracking systems, and what should companies be aware of?
GDPR compliance is crucial for ATS use, as it involves the collection, processing, and storage of personal data.
Companies should ensure that their ATS provider is GDPR compliant, and they must follow best practices for data protection, such as obtaining consent, providing transparency, and adhering to data minimization principles.
6. What are the best practices for optimizing your job listings to ensure they perform well within an ATS?
To optimize job listings for ATS, use clear, concise language and include relevant keywords to improve visibility. Avoid images, tables, or fancy formatting, as these may not be recognized by the system.
Instead, use easily readable headings and bullet points.
Tailor job descriptions to specific skills and qualifications you’re seeking, and provide clear application instructions. Also, keep job listings up-to-date and remove any outdated information.