It’s time for you to say goodbye to the scary situations of struggling with countless resumes.
Wondering how? You just need to start embracing the game-changing capabilities of the best resume parsing software.
With the right software by your side, you’ll be able to accelerate your candidate screening process and discover the perfect match for your team.
Keep reading to know the best resume parsing software available, how they compare to each other and what should be on your checklist while shortlisting any of them.
What is a resume parsing software?
A resume parsing software is a hiring solution for recruiters who face a mountain of resumes day in and day out. Essentially, this software uses natural language processing and machine learning to scan and understand a multitude of resumes, regardless of their format.
Its primary goal is to parse resumes which eliminates the need for manual data entry, saves precious time, and extracts the most valuable information from each CV.
It scans through an applicant’s information and sorts the relevant data so you can focus more on human interaction and less on document examination.
7 key features to look for in a resume parsing software
1. Advanced text analysis
Today’s resumes come adorned with various keywords, jargon, acronyms, and industry-specific terminology.
Your chosen recruiting software should possess an advanced text analysis feature that efficiently processes and understands complex textual data to help you find the best candidates.
2. Multilingual support
In this globalized world, talent has no borders. Your ideal candidate may not always have a resume in English.
To cater to a diversified candidate pool, your software should support multiple languages and effortlessly process data in different languages.
3. Easy integration
A key feature to look for in a resume parser is its ability to integrate seamlessly with your existing applicant tracking system.
This ensures a smooth workflow without any data loss or miscommunication.
4. Speed and scalability
It goes without saying that the faster you process applications, the quicker you can connect with potential hires.
That is why, a desirable resume parsing software should deliver swift and precise results.
As your organization grows, the applications you receive will also increase. Your recruitment software should also be able to accommodate this growth and handle larger volumes of data without compromising performance.
The resume parsing software should have a high degree of accuracy in understanding the job description, discerning the contextual meaning of words, and correctly identifying and categorizing data.
6. Compliance and Security
With data breaches becoming increasingly common, it’s essential that the software you choose complies with all data protection regulations and ensures the utmost security of the candidate’s data.
Ensure that your resume parsing software provides value for money. High-quality results should not always equate to high costs.
Potential candidates can be found even with lower costs with a quality software solution.
5 benefits of implementing the best resume parsing software
1. Increased efficiency
With a suitable resume parser, the time recruiters spend reading and analyzing each CV is significantly reduced.
This saved time can be utilized in more critical tasks like candidate engagement and interview preparations.
2. Enhanced candidate experience
A swift and seamless recruitment process, facilitated by a resume parser, leaves a positive impression on candidates. It assures them that their application is not lost in a pile of resumes and is processed efficiently.
3. Reduced bias
Using a resume parser ensures a certain level of impartiality in the recruitment process. It focuses on key skills and qualifications, reducing the chances of unconscious bias affecting the hiring decision.
4. Data analytics
With the rich data that resume parsers provide, recruiters can gain meaningful insights into their talent pool. These insights can be used to optimize recruitment strategies and make more informed decisions.
As your organization expands, a resume parser scales up effortlessly. It accommodates larger volumes of resumes, processing them quickly and accurately.
This ensures that you can maintain a streamlined and efficient recruitment process as your talent pool expands.
6 best resume parsing software you can consider investing in
1. Recruit CRM
Recruit CRM is a powerful ATS + CRM platform designed to simplify and centralize the hiring process. It is a centralized hub for recruiters to manage candidates, clients, job orders, and other activities.
They have integrated their parser with Sovren(by TextKernel) that intuitively scans through CVs that may be written in foreign languages too.
- AI-powered resume parser: Parse resumes efficiently and automatically convert PDFs and word documents to detailed candidate summaries.
- Chrome extension: Use their Chrome sourcing extension to source candidates directly from LinkedIn, Gmail, Outlook, Xing, and more
- AI candidate matching: Match similar candidates from within your system using predictive analysis.
They have a simple, transparent, and affordable pricing system.
It has three pricing plans- Pro, Business, and Enterprise. You can check out the details here.
TurboHire is more than just resume parsing software—it’s a comprehensive AI-powered talent acquisition platform designed to streamline and optimize the entire recruitment process.
At its core, the software offers a powerful resume parsing feature that extracts key details from resumes and automatically populates them into structured candidate profiles. It can handle diverse resume formats, including PDFs, Word documents, and other popular file types.
Pricing: There is a free trial available; however, it has several plans for you to choose from like Basic, Pro, Premium and Enterprise.
RChilli is a cloud-based resume parsing solution that leverages intelligent algorithms and NLP techniques to understand resume content and transform it into a standardized format for easy analysis and integration with other HR systems.
Rchilli provides a free trial period so you may test the service. They have customizable plans named Standard, incubator program and enterprise.
- Multilingual support: RChilli supports parsing resumes in multiple languages, allowing you to process resumes from candidates around the world. It effectively handles language-specific nuances and ensures accurate extraction regardless of the resume’s language.
- Configurable and customizable: The software provides extensive configuration options, enabling you to customize parsing rules, fields, and data mappings according to your specific requirements. This flexibility allows you to adapt the parsing process to match your unique recruitment workflow.
4 hire EZ
Hire EZ, formerly known as Hiretual, utilizes advanced technology, such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, to provide data-driven insights, automate time-consuming tasks, and enhance candidate engagement throughout the recruitment life cycle.
You may connect the system with many job boards, post jobs there, and then find resumes from those sources.
The program develops a comprehensive applicant profile after the resumes have been sourced, assisting you in making a better decision.
Pricing: HireEZ comes with a free trial offering only one plan called Enterprise.
When it comes to resume parsing functionalities, Ducknowl goes beyond the traditional aspects by integrating video interviewing features, enabling recruiters to make more informed hiring decisions.
Their pricing is exclusively based on your hiring process and the type of screening assessment you use. You can also choose a free demo.
- Advanced resume parsing: Ducknowl excels in its resume parsing capabilities, leveraging advanced natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning algorithms. It can accurately extract relevant information from resumes, such as contact details, work experience, skills, education, and more. The parsing engine understands complex resume formats, ensuring high accuracy in data extraction.
- Customizable parsing rules: The recruitment system provides the flexibility to customize parsing rules based on specific requirements. Recruiters can define their own data fields and mapping rules to extract and structure information according to their unique needs.
Clever Connect, a French company, offers a hiring software that helps companies and staffing agencies find candidates, qualify job applications, and find talent.
Video interviews, resume processing, applicant searches, email invites, note-taking, and job ad optimization are some of its features.
By presenting a list of predetermined questions to candidates organized according to job or expertise, recruiters may utilize the Visiotalent module to conduct video interviews.
The software also helps in efficient candidate screening. By parsing and organizing resume data into structured formats, Clever Connect enables recruiters and HR professionals to easily review and compare job seekers’ qualifications.
It facilitates efficient candidate screening, ensuring that the most suitable candidates are identified and shortlisted.
How to choose the best resume parsing software for your staffing agency?
Step 1: Asses your requirements
Evaluate your organization’s specific recruitment needs, pain points, and goals. Determine the key features and functionalities you require in resume parsing software.
Consider factors like the size of your candidate pool, the number of resumes received, and the complexity of your recruitment process.
Step 2: Research and shortlist
Conduct thorough research on various resume parsing software options available in the market. Consider reputable providers with positive reviews and a track record of delivering reliable solutions.
Seek recommendations from industry peers, attend webinars, and read case studies to gain insights.
Step 3: Evaluate features and functionality
Once you have a shortlist, carefully evaluate the features and functionalities of each software. Pay attention to aspects like resume parsing accuracy, support for various resume formats, integration capabilities, scalability, compliance with data protection regulations, user interface, and customer support.
These factors will ensure that the software meets your specific requirements and aligns with your recruitment goals.
Step 4: Consider integration
Consider the software’s integration capabilities with your existing HR systems, social media, and other tools. Check if it seamlessly connects with your ATS, CRM, job boards, and other platforms you use in your recruitment process.
For example, Recruit CRM can integrate with 5000+ apps making hiring a breeze.
Step 5: Assess data security and compliance
Data security and compliance are crucial considerations. Review the data security measures implemented by the software provider and ensure that the software complies with relevant data protection regulations.
Look for features like data encryption, access controls, and secure data storage options to safeguard candidate information.
Step 6: Request demos
Request live demos from the shortlisted software providers to gain a hands-on understanding of the software’s interface, features, and usability.
Participate in interactive sessions and ask specific questions to evaluate the software’s performance and how well it meets your needs.
Ask about trial access to test the software with sample resumes and evaluate its accuracy and efficiency in parsing.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. How does a resume parser work?
Here’s a breakdown of how a typical resume parsing software works:
- Data extraction: The resume parsing software takes in resumes in various formats, such as PDF, Word, or plain text. It uses optical character recognition (OCR) technology to convert scanned or image-based resumes into machine-readable text.
- Text preprocessing: The software preprocesses the resume text, removing irrelevant characters, formatting, and special symbols. It cleans up the data to ensure accurate parsing.
- Segmentation: The resume is divided into sections, such as personal information, work experience, education, skills, and more. The software identifies and separates these sections based on predefined rules or machine learning algorithms.
- Validation and correction: The software performs data validation and correction to ensure accuracy. It checks for inconsistencies, missing information, and potential errors in the parsed data. For example, it may verify the validity of contact information or cross-reference job titles with known industry terms.
2. What is the most accurate resume parser?
Determining the most accurate resume parser can be subjective, as it depends on various factors such as parsing algorithms, data models, machine learning techniques, and the quality and diversity of training data.
But, Recruit CRM is well-known for its high accuracy in extracting information from resumes because of its AI capabilities.