Attention, recruiters and talent seekers! Do you wish to break free from the mundane and step into a world where recruitment knows no limits? You’ve come to the right place!
This article teases some tried-and-tested recruitment hacks to take your hiring game to the next level. (And, of course, a big BIG bonus!)
So, let’s waste no time and get started right away!
1. Identify how and where to start
You must have heard this tip before, but it’s so crucial that we can’t help including it again.
Knowing where and how to find your candidates is the first step of the talent acquisition process. Ensure you don’t mess it up!
Double-check (or maybe triple-check if you can!) – What position are you reeling in candidates for? What are the must-haves and nice-to-haves? What does your client expect from their ideal employee?
Create a checklist. Discuss it with your team members and hiring managers. And only then start with your candidate sourcing process.
But, again, where to start?
From your ATS database– Reach out to the candidates who weren’t hired before (for XYZ reasons).
These candidates are already familiar with you and your agency. Therefore, they have higher chances of accepting the job offer quickly.
(Well, this will only work if you had paid attention to candidate management and experience in the last hiring cycle and have been following up.)
Besides ATS, look into your team members’, clients’, and their employees’ or basically everyone-you-know’s network. Ask them for referrals and give them a bonus if their referred candidate gets hired.
For active candidates, determine which job board will work best for you. It will depend on the demand and niche of the job.
In addition to mainstream hiring platforms, niche sites can help you target specific skill sets or industries.
These platforms cater to specialized talent pools and may yield higher-quality candidates with the expertise and experience you seek.
A tip: Strike a balance between both popular and niche recruitment channels. This approach will ensure you don’t overlook any potential candidate.
Also, regularly track and analyze your sourcing channel’s effectiveness. Monitor metrics like number of qualified applicants, conversion rates, and time-to-hire.
Keep refining your strategies based on these analytics.
Another tip: Join many sourcing communities and strive to be active in them for better ROI. This way, you won’t need to start from scratch every time. Instead, you will have a warm pipeline ready-to-be-hired-anytime.
2. Cut your #Rectech fluff
While different tools and platforms look tempting, invest in ones that align with your hiring goals and enhance your productivity.
(Of course, not every recruiting software is ideal for you!)
Too many disparate tools can lead to information silos, inefficiencies, and a convoluted recruitment process.
Instead, focus on quality over quantity and carefully assess how each tool contributes to your workflow.
Before settling on any recruitment technology, take a step back and assess your needs.
Consider the pain points in your current process and identify areas where AI and automation can make a meaningful impact.
Once done, research the market and list the options that align with your requirements.
Go through user reviews, testimonials, and feature pages for better evaluation.
Tip: Look for platforms that can assist your requirements rather than opting for a one-size-fits-all solution.
Also, your chosen tools must integrate seamlessly with your existing systems to avoid unnecessary complexities.
Here is a scorecard you can leverage to choose your ideal recruiting software:
Remember, your ideal recruitment tech stack should empower you to attract, engage, and hire top talent efficiently while simplifying your workflow and maximizing your recruitment efforts, not the other way around.
Another tip: Regularly evaluate your tech stack’s effectiveness.
Keep a pulse on user feedback, attend webinars or conferences, and participate in online communities to stay informed and optimize your tech stack accordingly.
So, are you looking for an ATS+CRM that meets all your needs?
Why don’t you check out Recruit CRM? Here is what customers love about our software.
And if you already have an applicant tracking system, use this ROI calculator to evaluate its efficiency!
3. Develop targeted job descriptions
Well-written and targeted job descriptions play a significant role in candidate attraction.
Ensure you master it well!
To create a compelling job posting, understand your target audience—the candidates you want to attract.
Gain insights into their motivations, aspirations, and preferences.
Identify the skills, qualifications, and characteristics they possess.
It will help you tailor your job description to speak directly to your desired candidates.
Once done, follow these steps:
- Start with an engaging hook
Begin your job description with a captivating hook that grabs the reader’s attention.
It could be a compelling opening statement, a thought-provoking question, or a powerful statement about your company or the role itself.
The goal is to entice candidates to continue reading and consider applying for the position.
- Clearly outline responsibilities and requirements
Provide a clear and concise overview of the role’s key responsibilities and requirements.
Break them down into bullet points or short paragraphs for easy readability.
Be specific about the skills, experience, and qualifications needed to excel so candidates can self-assess their suitability beforehand.
- Highlight unique selling points
Differentiate your job description by highlighting the unique selling points of the role and your organization.
Showcase the opportunities for growth, the company’s mission and values, any distinctive benefits or perks, and the positive work culture.
By highlighting these aspects, you create a compelling narrative that sets your job apart from others and appeals to top talent.
- Use engaging and inclusive language
Your tone reflects your company’s brand voice and culture. (It must be perfect and robot-proof!)
Avoid using jargon or overly technical terms that might alienate potential candidates.
Use gender-neutral terms and focus on the candidate’s qualifications and abilities rather than irrelevant factors.
- Add call-to-action and application instructions
End your job description with a clear call to action that prompts candidates to take the next step.
Instruct them on submitting their application, whether it’s through an online form, email, or any other preferred method.
Include any specific documents or information you require to streamline the application process.
Cut down your work: Use specially-designed and customizable job description templates.
4. Find an easy way out (for everything possible)
Who doesn’t like easy stuff? We bet almost every recruiter wants tools and tips to streamline manual, time-consuming tasks.
Thankfully, there are many ways to do so. (And the best part: at almost every stage!)
|Tips & tools
|Talent pool management
Remember, finding an easy way out doesn’t mean compromising on quality or personalization, but rather leveraging technology to enhance your recruitment efforts.
5. Learn how to reject candidates
You don’t like rejecting candidates? Well, nobody does. However, this is something it’s impossible to avoid.
A professional and respectful rejection can help boost your employer’s brand and foster good relationships with candidates.
Ensure you handle it without burning bridges!
Below are some tips to help:
- Ensure timely and prompt communication with candidates throughout the hiring process. If a candidate is not selected, inform them as soon as possible to avoid unnecessary waiting and uncertainty.
- Offer constructive and personalized feedback to rejected candidates. Provide specific reasons for the decision while highlighting the strengths and areas for improvement. This feedback will help candidates understand why they were not selected and enable them to improve in future opportunities.
- Express appreciation for the candidate’s time, effort, and interest in the position and the company. Acknowledge their skills and qualifications, emphasizing that the decision was purely based on the specific requirements of the role.
- Offer resources or suggestions to help them in their job search or professional development.
- Use a polite and warm tone throughout the rejection communication. Even though the candidate may not have been the right fit for the current position, you can’t guarantee you will never need them again.
- Engage and follow up occasionally.
Remember: Treating candidates respectfully, even in rejection, contribute to your employer’s brand and reputation.
Candidates with a positive experience are more likely to recommend your company to others and consider future opportunities with you.
6. Go mobile
Go mobile! Go mobile! Go mobile!
Technically, there should be no explanation at all.
It’s obvious, mobile technology has taken over the recruitment industry, and not adopting it means living under a rock.
So, let’s not get into “why?” but “how?” of this section.
And here are the steps:
- Design a visually appealing and user-friendly mobile career website that reflects your employer brand. Ensure it is mobile-responsive for seamless browsing.
- Use mobile-optimized job application forms with autofill options to streamline the application process and make it convenient for candidates to apply on the go.
- Leverage video interviews and assessments that candidates can complete on their mobile devices. It is a much more flexible and convenient option for remote candidates.
- Use communication channels or platforms to host virtual job fairs and hiring events.
- Keep candidates engaged and informed by sending mobile push notifications throughout the process. Update them on application status, interview schedules, or other relevant information.
- Integrate chatbots or virtual assistants on your mobile platforms for instant responses to candidate inquiries, improving their experience and reducing response time.
- Make the application and assessment process more interactive and enjoyable by incorporating mobile gamification techniques like quizzes, challenges, or simulations.
- Create a mobile-friendly platform for employee referrals, providing incentives right from the application.
- Utilize social media advertising tools to target mobile users and promote your job opportunities.
- Stay informed about emerging mobile technologies and trends in recruitment. Regularly explore new tools, platforms, and strategies to stay ahead of the competition.
There you go! A step closer to tapping into a vast talent pool and attracting exceptional candidates.
Before you move to the next pointer, read this:
7. Keep the feedback coming
Feedbacks aren’t just for candidates. To optimize your recruitment approach, you need regular feedback on your process, tools, strategies, etc.
Soliciting feedback from your team, hiring managers, and other stakeholders will enable continuous improvement and better outcomes.
Embrace a feedback-driven culture and actively seek input to refine your recruitment practices and stay ahead in the talent acquisition game.
One way is to automate sending CNPS surveys to candidates after every hiring stage.
Make these surveys short and choice-based so candidates can complete them quickly.
Also, evaluate your strategies regularly and look for areas where you can streamline or enhance the feedback loop.
To simplify the process, leverage feedback management tools or applicant tracking systems that facilitate efficient feedback collection, organization, and sharing.
These tools can streamline the feedback process and improve collaboration among hiring team members.
At last, recognize candidates’ or teams’ efforts by expressing gratitude for their time and effort to share their experience or opinion.
Continue your learning
Was that all? Of course not!
This article was just the trailer to yet another BONUS waiting for you to explore.
Our “101 recruitment power-boosters to ace hiring in 2024 and beyond!”
And the best part is: It is absolutely FREE!
Yet, it promises ALL REWARDS!
In short, there is nothing to lose.
So, what are you waiting for? Don’t miss out on this exclusive opportunity to dive deep into the world of recruitment hacks.
Grab your FREE copy of the ebook now and unlock the potential of these 101 game-changing strategies!